In this episode, Andrew and Sean discuss the new documentary Being Elmo, which chronicles the life of puppeteer Kevin Clash, the man behind Sesame Street's Elmo. Is this film the cinematic equivalent of a hug or is it closer to having somebody stick their hand up your butt? Tune in to find out.
Click below the break for trailers and detailed show notes.
MC #149: SXSW 2011 - Being Elmo
NOTE: This episode is not a regularly-formatted episode of the show and contains no bonus discussion for iPhone users. Join us LIVE on Sunday, April 10 at 9:00pm EST when we'll be discussing Win Win and more! And don't forget to check out more of Andrew and Sean's coverage from the SXSW film festival! Please send all feedback to email@example.com. Thanks for listening!
- Check out the website for Being Elmo here.
- See if Being Elmo is screening at a place near you here.
- We have an iPhone (and Android) app! Download it here.
- Find Sean Hunter's writing at GordonAndTheWhale.
- Follow Sean on Twitter here.
Spoiler-free Thoughts on Being Elmo:
- 0:00 - Intro and clip
- 1:46 - Sean's score and general thoughts
- 3:43 - Andrew's score and general thoughts, followed by further discussion