With the release of Clone Wars this past weekend, I figured this would be the last time Star Wars would be relevant for a long time. And who doesn't love talking about Star Wars? So this week I'm joined by Andrew, Brian, and Nathan (from Flickchart.com) as we pit the Prequel and Classic trilogies against each other, and we look at other directors and ask "what if someone else had done the Prequels?"
- Listener Question: Do I watch movies too passively?
- How was Clone Wars?
- Were the Prequels really that bad?
- Comparing the Prequels to the Classic trilogy
- Prequels needed new characters we could care about
- Watching the Classic Trilogy "now" versus "then": Vader's weak
- Story in Prequels wasn't evenly distributed across the three films
- Simple ending change to Episode III would have held plot twists to Classic Trilogy for future generations
- What if someone else had done the Prequels? Speilberg, Whedon, Fincher, Snyder, Smith, etc.
- Why the Classic Trilogy works: it's all about the underdogs.